Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Review: Born Pretty Store Feathers

Ok I'm getting pretty frustrated because I can't seem to catch up on reading all the blogs I follow! It's like, I manage to read 60 of them one day before I tire and then don't ready for another 2 days and find I have 100+ new posts. Yikes!! Anyone else have this problem?! No idea how people get time to write multiple posts in a day. :/ I also should stop going down my blog reel in alphabetical order because blogs started with S through Z fail to get any love from me >.< Anyways moving on...

The Born Pretty Store sent me something to review...feathers!

Born Pretty Store Nail Art Feathers
Born Pretty Store nail art feathers
I was really nervous about using these, which is probably why I'm so late with this review (sorry!), but I think what I did came out pretty cute so I hope that makes up for it! The feathers come in packaging like you see above and the way you use them is by placing them over wet clear polish, snipping off the excess, and then sealing it in with a really thick topcoat (or two). To cut off the excess, I found a cuticle trimmer most useful because you can get a really good angle to cut. I also used 1 coat of Gelous and 1 coat of Seche Vite top coat to get a completely smooth surface, worked like a charm!

It did take a few tries to get this to work right for me. First of all, I wasn't sure what base color to use. First I tried black, bad idea since it didn't contrast with the feathers (dumb ol' me!). Second, I tried with a nude and stuck the feather while the colored base was wet but then the nude polish leaked all over on top of the feather and looked really sloppy. Third time I was frustrated and just grabbed white polish because it was closest to me and I just wanted to be done. On top of that I used a clear polish to stick the feather on. I'm very happy with the result.

Owl Feather Nail Art
Mint: China Glaze For Audrey
Brown: China Glaze Chocolate Moose
White: Sally Hansel White On
White Glitter: Windestine Asbestos
Feather: Born Pretty Store
Owl Feather Nail Art
Sunlight
Owl Feather Nail Art
Who?
How handsome are you mister owl?!!! <3 I used the cutepolish tutorial to paint him. Check it out, it's super easy! And the white glitter is Windestine Asbestos.

Where to buy
  • Nail art feathers can be found at the Born Pretty Store for less than 2 bucks per pack, and free shipping worldwide! And you can use my code PDL91 for 10% off your purchase.
  • Windestine polish I bought from their etsy store. Took me the longest time because they kept selling out!
Born Pretty Store discount

What do you think about using feathers for nail art? At first I thought it was kind of ridiculous (I mean, sticking feathers on your nails what!)...but it looks pretty cool, especially for the artistically challenged like myself. Bye!

*Products sent for my honest review

3 comments:

  1. This looks so cool! Totally loving the feather. Cuuute leetle owl, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The feather looks really good over white! And that owl is super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so awesome! I love the feathers and your owl is simply perfect :)

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete