Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Susie's Celebration Cake

Hello there! Here is a very sweet, but easy, nail art that I did a while back. It's inspired by this Instagram picture that I took here!

If you clicked the link you would see the prettiest cake ever! No it's not a million tiers high, covered in nasty fondant, doesn't have any characters painstakingly hand crafted from molding chocolate...nor does it blow up, glow in the dark, twirl and play music, or solve differential equations (whatever crazy stuff cakes do nowadays). It's a simple vanilla cake with sprinkles in the batter and vanilla frosting. My friends and I went to Susie's Cakes in Newport Beach, and I ordered their Celebration cake simply because I liked the way it looked. I was pretty excited that for once, there was a mint dessert that wasn't mint flavored. Love the color, HATE the flavor. So pretty I that I had to do nails inspired by it!

Susie's Celebration Cake nail art
Mint: Essie Mint Candy Apple
Beige: OPI My Vampire is Buff
Pink: Rimmel Posh Pink
Orange: OPI A Roll In The Hague
Green: OPI Jade Is The New Black
Blue: Orly Frisky
Purple: OPI A Grape Fit!
This is what I came up with. I'm not too please with how it came out because I don't think the colors are picked are quite the right shade. The orange I used is far too saturated and just ends up looking too red. I'm not sure what else...but something just doesn't seem right to me. I might try again but will incorporate this design into a full skittle manicure! I have some ideas brewing...have a nice day!

18 comments:

  1. I think this looks fabulous! I seriously wish I could do my nails as wonderful as you do them. I never realized you lived so close, it would have been nice to have an even bigger blogger meetup!

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, such a small world...that would've been awesome!! Thanks Ashley :)

      Delete
  2. I can't believe how cute this is. Simply perfect! And the colours are so pretty for Spring.

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are simply perfect! I adore looking at your designs, they really are pretty. Love the ones you did 2 posts or so ago the graffiti/shatter nail polish ones.

    Keep post in...more designs!

    Kira x

    obsessionlacquer.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks Kira! Good to hear from you again :)

      Delete
  4. I love that Essie color so much!!--but it just doesn't look right with my skin. Looks great on you, though!

    -Emma ( littlemotley.blogspot.com )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love it too, it's a newbie to my stash but it's gotten so much more use than some of my old polishes lol. Thank you Emma!

      Delete
  5. I think this manicure is super cute :P And that cake looks yummy :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kas! It was delicious, I saved some of it in my freezer because they give such a hefty slice. But wearing this manicure just made me break it out a few days later and eat some more lol

      Delete
  6. These might be my favorite nails ever, and the cake looks amazing as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I'm glad you like them Stephanie, thank you!

      Delete
  7. LOVE that nail polish colour! The design and everything is fabulous xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous mani! As always, I love when you do dotticures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tara! Dots are super easy, and I will wear the hell out of them haha

      Delete