Monday, April 15, 2013

Nailventure to Lake Elsinore- Warrior Dash!

A few weekends ago, I went on a mud run that was held in Lake Elsinore called the Warrior Dash. This one is a little bit longer than a 5k since it is actually a 3.7 mile run...however it didn't feel like that much longer anyways. :) When we finish we received a medal and an awesome viking hat!! That was the inspiration behind this nail art.

Warrior Dash nail art
Warrior Dash nail art
Red: China Glaze Revolution
Black: Nails Inc Black Taxi
White: Sally Hansen White On
Multiglitter (index & ring): Spoiled Shuffle The Deck
White glitter (middle): Windestine Asbestos
Black glitter (pinky): Windestine Carbon Copy
Warrior Dash nail art
Fluffy viking helmet!
Warrior Dash nail art
Warrior Dash nail art post run
Warrior Dash nail art
Viking hat is less fluffy
I wanted something rugged and to utilize the Warrior Dash colors (red, white, and black). Since it's a mud run, I once again filed my nails down to very short...I highly recommend it. I started with a white base and sponged on the red and black and a little more white just to balance out the colors and then added the different types of glitter I had lying around that matched. My favorite is probably my middle finger. I like how it looks with Windestine Asbestos over it, the white glitter gives it a white noise static look. I really dislike my Spoiled Shuffle The Deck polish which is starting to bleed glitter and was just very goopy with not much glitter payoff. I freehanded the viking helmet on my thumb and added black flocking powder to make it fluffy. I wish the flocking powder didn't have glitter in it, but it was all I had so whatever!

The last 2 pictures are post-run nails, with me holding my medal! It was hard to get a picture holding the metal without it looking phallic...so that's the best picture you get. >.< You can see a little bit of wear and tear but I still wore this a few days after the run. The viking hat just gets less fluffy over time. Keep reading if you want to see pictures during the run!



Warrior Dash
Before the run
Warrior Dash
Starting line shot out flames
There we are, all ready to get our run on. The starting line was exciting, when it was ready they had flame throwers that shot our flames over head. I brought a waterproof camera to take pictures during the run!

Warrior Dash
Muddy mounds
This was the first muddy obstacle I encountered! You walk through 3 waist deep pools of mud and in between each you have to be able to climb out and over muddy mounds. The volunteer there was all like "the last one is easy, you can run through it!"...he lied...it was the deepest one! Upper body strength was necessary to climb out on the slippery muddy mounds, and I'm proud to say I DID IT!
Warrior Dash
Rope wall
My camera got extremely muddy so the lense and LCD was hard to see so at this point I was just blindly pointing and shooting at things hoping to get decent pictures. This obstacle was the one that terrified our team the most. I think it was like 25 feet high and at a slight incline and you pull yourself up with the rope. It wasn't too bad for me, I got freaked out for a second...but I got stuck up there for a good 5 minutes because my friend got a little traumatized once at the top. I think that made me a little braver. The other side of the wall just had another rope to climb down, and it was awkward and high up. There was no reason to be scared though because if you fall, the most gorgeous man was down there to catch you! ;)
Warrior Dash
Walk the plank
Another obstacle to challenge your fear of heights! Walk across a plank that was pretty high, at the bottom there is water...possibly filled with man eating piranhas (let's pretend). My friend afraid of heights almost walked around this obstacle but I yelled at her...she conquered this, and after she's like "why was I even scared?" I yell at people for a reason, if I can do it so can anyone!
Warrior Dash
Warrior roast!
Warrior Dash is notorious for their warrior roast obstacle. Which is basically jumping over fire. So much fun and not scary! Now I can say I've leaped over fire ;)
Warrior Dash
Crawling through mud
Last but not least, the mud crawl. Above is barbed wire so you need to make sure you get low and use your arms to pull yourself forward. Don't kick your feet because there are people behind you! As you get to the end of the mud pit, the ground gets smoother and so it's harder to pull yourself forward. Pretty amazing, I think it's my second favorite obstacle! My first being the 25 foot rope wall.
Warrior Dash
DONE!
Warrior Dash
We're so muddy!
Warrior Dash
Tiny tank bandanna!
Warrior Dash
The whole group
I'm so happy I brought a camera because I got some muddy pictures yay! After we finished running, there was a communal pond where everyone washed off most of the mud...not as exciting or sanitary as the warm Mud Factor showers but still an interesting experience. I bedazzled the camo bandanna by myself which says "tiny tank" because that's what my trainer called me once and I thought it was fitting. I like to think of it having multiple meanings- me being small but strong like a tank but also because I'm always leaving in the middle of class to use the little girls' room. That's what drinking a gallon of water a day does to you though!
Warrior Dash
Lunch for warriors
I attempted the greatest obstacle Warrior Dash had to offer, to finish that turkey leg. Let's just say that didn't happen...but I probably shouldn't be able to eat 10 pounds of turkey anyways. Here's an attractive picture of my nails with all the turkey grease...that mud really dried out my cuticles! ;) Thanks for reading!

12 comments:

  1. HOW FUN!!! My sister in law's done a Warrior Dash and it just looks like such a good time :) I need to get my cardio up a it before I tackle a 5k obstacle course, though, lol. Congrats on the trophy ;) Super cute nails, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first mile was the only cardio push since there were no obstacles...so if you can do that you're good to go :) Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Lovely nails! Love the helmet! I have a friend who runs these. And they sound really fun. And the key word there is "sound". I was never more than a sprinter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sprinting is hard! I can't imagine pushing through a spring for more than a minute >.< I much prefer jogging at a steady pace lol...and you're totally allowed to do that at these things! They ARE really fun, you should try it :P

      Delete
  3. Thanks for leaving such a darling comment on my blog!
    So proud of your run!

    Have the best week ever,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, this is amazing! First of all, I love the fluffy viking hat nail. Awesome. And your pictures of the course are incredible! I would have freaked out at the height ones. And my upper body strength is terrible, so I'm sure I would have wallowed in the mud trap forever. :P Kudos to you for completing this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so funny, no you wouldn't have wallowed forever! People are super helpful and I had to help a few of my friends out which was easy enough :) Thanks so much!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks! It was very impractical for a mud run, if I must say so myself lol.

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness this looks like SO much fun! I'd love to do a mud run! Seems like you're always doing really fun runs. And I love the viking nail haha so cute.
    Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do any fun run, mud runs are the best! I highly encourage it. Thanks for reading Jessi!

      Delete