Monday, March 25, 2013

Nailventure to Pomona Graffiti Run 5k

Been a while since I've done a nailventure post...so here is one. Last weekend I ran another 5k, this one called the Graffiti Run, in Pomona. Which is like 15 minutes from my house, pretty close! The concept is exactly the same as the Color Me Rad 5k I did last year- you run 3.1 miles and there are check points at which volunteers throw colored powder on you! Then at the end everyone gets their own color packet to throw at other people. I did my nails for the occasion of course!

Graffiti Run nail art
Pink: Rimmel Posh Pink
Orange: OPI A Roll In The Hague
Yellow: China Glaze Happy Go Lucky
Green: China Glaze Electric Pineapple
Blue: Milani Dude Blue
Purple: OPI A Grape Fit
White: Sally Hansen White On
OPI Black Shatter
That is quite a list of polishes...those are all the polishes I used! I kind of wanted a graffiti look so I painted all my nails white, used a makeup sponge to sponge on all the different colors, then painted over it with a black crackle polish. It's been a very long time since I've broken out the crackle polish...I feel so retro! Then I used Gelous and SV topcoat to flawlessly smooth this out. Keep reading for the run pictures!


Graffiti Run 5k
Us before the run 
Graffiti Run 5k
Our shoes after the run...MY POOR NIKES!! 
Graffiti Run 5k
Us after the run 
Graffiti Run 5k
Successful jumping picture!
Ran this with my gym buddies, I hate running I don't know why I keep signing up for them! But it went by really fast. I crossed the finish and was like "is that it?"! And this time we actually got pictures with fun messy backgrounds because some people were brave enough to bring their phone cameras with them! I need to remember to bring a camera to these things, I feel bad for using everyone's pictures (thanks for the pictures Jami!!). My Nikes got messy, but they were due for a nice wash anyways and this run didn't stain them at all so now they are happy! And I'm especially proud of our jumping picture...it only took a few million tries to get in sync!

What do you think about my nail art? And these fun runs? So far up till June I'm signed up for a 5k each month, so I'll probably do some special nail art to go along with it. It's something fun to look forward to every month :) Bye now!

10 comments:

  1. This almost makes me want to run...almost. Nails look great! For some reason I think crackle is more appealing when every other person isn't using it :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha running sucks...but that's why I choose the fun runs because they're not as boring ;) Glad you like the crackle! I got over it really fast lol

      Delete
  2. This looks so fun!! They have a similar run here that I keep wanting to sign up for, I should do it! Your nails are gorgeous! Looks like they took a lot of work!
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessi! There are a lot of color runs, they seem to be the new trend now...you totally should! Getting messy is so much fun!

      Delete
  3. Awesome mani and awesome pics! Love seeing these. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I seriously can't believe you did this yourself. It looks like it was airbrushed on your nails! Pomona is about an hour away from me, I didn't know you lived that close to LA. And I just have to say, I love all the outfit photos you post onto Instagram. You are seriously the cutest!

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup I'm not too far from LA, the drive still sucks with all that traffic though lol! And thanks, you're too nice...I'm glad you think so! :D

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Haha not even! But thanks Jessica! I love your blog <3

      Delete