Tuesday, March 19, 2013

L'Oréal Macaroon Me Madly

It's been a while since I've done a swatch on here...they've been backing up like mad! And I am SO behind in all the new collections coming out...I actually have barely gotten any just because I've been very selective with my polishes lately, due to financing constraints (I'm addicted to online shopping for clothes). Anyways, here's a new one that I randomly picked up from CVS because it was love at first sight!

L'Oréal Macaroon Me Madly
L'Oréal Macaroon Me Madly sunlight 
L'Oréal Macaroon Me Madly
L'Oréal Macaroon Me Madly shade
This polish is from L'Oréal Versailles Romance collection 2013, and I believe it is limited edition. I don't usually buy drugstore brand nail polishes because they're actually more expensive than the OPIs/China Glazes/Essies that I get from the beauty supply store, but I got that same feeling that I got when I first saw Essie Mint Candy Apple when I saw this color. So I splurged. Macaroon Me Madly is a pinkish peach creme polish. The peachy tone makes this polish more unique in my collection...I think the closest thing I have to it might be Essie Van D'Go. A comparison will be done soon enough. I like the brushes on these, they're wide and rounded on the corners so it matched the shape of my nails really well. The formula was even flowing however a little patchy - I needed 3 coats.

ONE thing that bothers me is the name. I'm pretty sure by "macaroon" they are referring to the trendy little French treats that I see everywhere...called macarons. As a baker, this is a pet peeve of mine. I know it's a little stupid but please people let it be noted...

Source: http://www.dearbabyg.com/2012/08/what-is-the-difference-between-macarons-and-macaroons.html
If people are going walk around like they're the expert on these things...PLEASE just understand the spelling. It is a problem among Americans, because I feel like a lot of them just assume that this is the "American" way of spelling it. I beg of you. I'm sick of looking like a moron when really I'm not. It's like confusing "your" and "you're"...it's not hard, just do it!

Where to buy
  • Bought this from CVS Pharmacy for around 7 bucks plus tax.
Anyone else pick up any of the other adorable polishes from this collection? Also, does the misspelling of French macarons bother anyone else or am I just completely OCD?

10 comments:

  1. No, you are totally not OCD, especially since now I know the difference, myself... Usage, punctuation, and the like are important to me, lol, and there's no reason for a major company to not get it right, lol. This is such a pretty color! I usually see the new L'Oreal collections early on around here, but this one hasn't shown up yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! The fact that they're a big company they should know better! I unintentionally found the display, not sure when they had them out! Maybe you will see them soon.

      Delete
  2. Wow, your nails are just perfect! And I love your little rant about spelling, I'm the same!

    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I go on rants about people's grammar sometimes too ;) thanks for clarifying that. This color is gorgeous and perfect for spring!
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't say I'm always correcting grammar (my grammar isn't perfect either!), but there are just certain mistakes that bother me lol!

      Delete
  4. This pink is so very pretty :). Correct grammar annoys me too! You are not the only one haha!

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley, so glad I'm not alone lol. Spread the good word!

      Delete
  5. You pull of colours like this so well! And I spell it Macaroni :)

    ReplyDelete